If you are a fan of growing different kinds of flowers, vegetables and all the organic foods, then you might face some difficulties in maintaining the health of your garden. There are several difficulties that you face like soil quality, plants catching bugs and weed. In this article, you will find all the information related to how to spray a weed killer, what time is the best, how to spray it and everything related to getting you started and all equipped with the knowledge.
Let us dive into factors that will help you succeed in your mission. You will conquer two things at one time that is killing the weeds and protecting the other plants also.
What type of Weed Killer is the Best:
There are numerous amounts of weed killers present in the market and online too. They all claim to kill the weed but only some claims that the health of plants will remain the same. So, what to now? Here are some of the different weed killers available and choose what suits your need best.
- Broad leaves weed types: Typically used to spray only on broad leaves and not on grass or small plants.
- Grassy weed types: This type of weeds is suitable for the grass present on the flower bed. Because if you spray this all over the grass in your lawn, it will kill your lawn as the grass is not too long.
- Nut Grass types: This is the one that you can use to kill the lawn grass. It is safe and effective to use but do read the ingredients and use of the weed spray before buying it. You never know a small mistake can end up destroying your cherished garden.
The Right Strategy of Spraying Weed:
You should take into account some of these steps to prevent a problem like dead plant and soil
- Thoroughly read the label and instructions given on the product.
- Use the only direction and method which is written on it.
- Cover the nearby plants to prevent the spray from getting on them
- Do not roam around the other places after spraying the weed. Because you might end up spreading weed through your shoes into the lawn or soil resulting in a big mess
- Try to take the weather conditions if you are planning on doing the spray. Because certain weather conditions like humidity and
It is very irritating when you will see weeds in your garden. We all want our plants to be healthy always. Having weeds in your garden affects the health of our plants also. As we can say, the weeds will use the soil nutrients, the water, and moisture from the soil, take the space in the garden. All these things affect our plants. There are various ways to remove this weed. You can use chemicals for removing the weeds, or you can use any natural form also. We will say you to use the natural ways for removing these weeds, as this will be safe for you too. As chemicals can affect us also, not only this, they can even affect other animals and birds. So, using the natural ways of killing weeds is the best.
Using newspapers for killing weeds
For killing the weeds in the garden, you can use the newspapers. You have to take a layer (at least ten sheets) of the newspaper. Firstly, you have to wet the soil and after that wet the newspaper and then cover it with the mulch adequately. It will prevent them from growing. If you think that the weeds are still growing, then you can use more and more sheets of newspapers. When the weeds are over, then this will decompose and then increases the quality of the soil.
By using hand for killing weeds
You can use your hands also for removing the weeds. You should wear gloves while removing the weeds. For removing the weeds, you should pull it out from the roots itself.
Using mulch for removing the weeds
You can use the mulch to remove the weeds naturally. You have to cover the area with mulch. It will prevent the mulch from coming. Much will also help to nourish the soil and gaining the nutrients of the earth. It prevents the seeds from getting the sunlight.
By using cornmeal for removing the weeds
Cornmeal prevents the seeds from growing. So, when you sprinkle it, it will just stop the weeds from growing. When the harvesting is done, then you can use the cornmeal from preventing any kind of weed growth. You should never use this cornmeal before your plants are established. As if you will use the cornmeal before this, then it will harm your plant also. So, we should use cornmeal wisely.
Using the boiling